Wednesday, January 20, 2010

About: My Bar

In a lot of my posts, actually probably all of them, I'll be mentioning Jake's Cigars and Spirits. Instead of having to have the same paragraph at the beginning of every single post, I'm just throwing this up here.

Jake's is one of the very few smoking bars in Lincoln and is the only one downtown, however they only allow cigars and pipes, no cigarettes. The staff in the cigar half are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions and never give off an elitist vibe. They have a nice broad cigar selection, but isn't overwhelming. It does have a bit of a hipster clientele on Friday and Saturday nights, but has a more quiet, mature crowd on weekdays.

It's not the only cigar and tobacco shop downtown, there's also Cliff's Cigars and Tobacco which I'm told leans more towards the the pipe side of the equation. It is strictly a shop though, no smoking allowed. Since I've never been I don't really have an opinion on them. Someday I'll browse around there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment