Saturday, February 06, 2010

Learning Curve: Beginner's Tips from About.com

Sorry for the lack of a post last week. I did go out, but I forgot my little notepad at home and so I didn't take any notes. The only thing I learned was to remember to eat before trying to jump right to a very strong cigar.

But I did go out last night and while researching my cigars for a post I stumbled on The Stogie Guys, which is an excellent guide if you're a little more experienced with your cigars. But in their Recommended Reading links I found the about.com page on cigars.

10 Basic Dos and Don'ts of Cigars
Pretty basic stuff, but definitely helpful to anyone who's starting off on square zero.

5 Cigars for Beginners
A list of some of the better mild to mild-medium cigars for someone to help build their palatte with. I'm definitely trying the CAO Criollo next time I go out.

7 Alcoholic Drinks to Accompany Cigars
Of course, the thing everyone wants to know. No point and going to a bar and not drinking. I definitely want to try a Stinger, a Brandy and creme de menthe cocktail.

So, a little bit of easy reading before going out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment